The Invention Transfer Group (ITG) offer graduate students, post docs, or professional students at UCI a hands-on introduction to university technology transfer and intellectual property management. Under the direction of a Licensing Officer at ITG, fellows will assist the office in conducting technology assessments, prior art searches, writing invention summaries, and initiating market research of UCI inventions. This opportunity gives fellows experience analyzing innovative technologies, and an understanding of the patenting and commercialization processes, while providing an excellent resource to the UCI inventor community.
This fellowship is part-time and paid. The deadline to apply for the current cycle is August 15th, 2018.
- UCI graduate-level (Ph.D., M.S., M.B.A., M.D. or J.D.) student or postdoctoral scholar
- Student should have completed at least one year of graduate studies, and, if a Ph.D. student, have passed their qualifying exams
- Scientific background in the life sciences, physical sciences, engineering, computer sciences, or medicine
- Must have excellent written communication
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Submit resume and questionnaire to ITG@uci.edu
- Download questionnaire here: http://www.ota.uci.edu/top-menu/forms/intern-questionnaire.docx
- Applicants invited for interviews will be assigned a short case study to be completed within 1 week
- Approval from faculty advisor, if fellow is a graduate student or postdoc. Postdocs may be required to reduce their appointment if adding this fellowship would bring them over 100% appointment
- Ability to devote 5-8 hours per week to the program (some assignments may be completed remotely)
- Minimum six month commitment
Current ITG Fellows
Leila Safavi-Tehrani, Ph.D.
Past ITG Fellows
Viera Crosignani, Ph.D.
Geetha Durairaj, Ph.D.
Inez Falcon, Ph.D.
Candice Gellner, Ph.D.
Jessica Hsieh, Ph.D.
Sara Pennebaker, J.D.
Carol Pham, Ph.D.
Anand Surendrarao, Ph.D.